Wednesday, December 23, 2009

New York = Thrill York


This was looking out our window from our hotel room. It was so stinking cold. I actually came out earlier and stayed with my friend rachel for a few days. It was fun to be back in the city living it up. Although when its cold the only thing I was interested in doing was eating. go figure.
Brooklyn was our first stop. Grimaldis Pizza and some Brooklyns Finest Ice Cream. This is where we took this pic back almost 3 years ago.



I never took mike here the last time he came to NY so it was time for him to experience its wonder. We love SoHo in general... but Cafe Habana makes it for me. 
This was probably the coldest day. It had just started to snow. 
mmmmmmm
Mike loving the candid shots next to the obey poster.
My favorite stop. The old apartment on 73rd... such memories. That was the only pic I could find on those stairs. It is missing the thrill that is Erin.
Don't ask why I feel the need to take a picture infront of everyplace we ate.  It shows how much I love the food in NYC. It is weird though. Just to show I went and ate at these places? who really cares right? I guess I must. hahaha
Mikes Jay-Z video moment. Don't worry about 3 minutes later he made a video dancing to the song.
The tree was a little bit of a let down this year. A little smaller. The economy really has hurt everyone/thing. Do you like my serious look away shot?
Serendipity holiday decor was sweet. I kept thinking about how it reminded me of Sarah.  She would have loved it too.
The standard picture drinking the chocolate delight. It was funny because every person in the place was taking the same picture.  Tourists.... ppsshh
On our way to pizza. I told mike he didn't take my picture enough.  
Yes please. That is the picture to sum it all up. I can't wait to go back. Hopefully next time it will be a sisters trip? yes? Jetblue is having deals.... side note to Jetblue.... they lost my bag coming and going to NY. What are the odds. It was a rage. But they do have more leg room/TV's so I guess I am not leaving them anytime soon. 

8 comments:

Ashly said...

so so so jealous. jealous that you got to eat at all these tasty places, especially cafe habana (my fav). looks like a fun trip minus all the cold and snow.

sarah marie. said...

i really need that pizza and corn right now. you've never looked better with your hair wavy like that. love that mike loves those obey posters. so sad that we aren't sleeping in that tiny room any more. and i do love the decor at serendip. love you too.

Lisa said...

This post is making me crave New York, mainly for the food thrills.

Could you be any prettier? Mike is so lucky.

Chrissy said...

I could not be more jealous, and I agree with Lisa, Mike is very lucky indeed! Yes, I said indeed.

Tanner Family said...

Holy update! I like that everyone has been to NY but me, uh-huhhhh. Sisters trip is such a must but lets do it in the spring when its not so cold. I want to eat that food, if its anything like the cookie you brought home then bring it on. If only you could upload the movie mike made, so hilarious!

cait said...

so jealous of the levain goodness. i would die for that warm gooey deliciousness right now. love you, miss you.

scott and linds said...

i love new york! and of course the food!! that's what its all about!! It looks like you guys are having so much fun- we might be going out to CA in July for the next 3 years.. not sure yet, we'll find out in March! I'll keep you updated- we'll have to get together ;)

Stacey Sargent said...

Shannon! Are you moving by us?? (please say yes) can we be friends? (please say of course) and... when are you going to update this thing? (please say soon?)

that's all!

write back soon!