Tuesday, August 25, 2009

nie nie

So every once in a while I will glance over at the Nie NIe diaries to see how she is doing. I am sure everyone already has heard through the blog world about her. She is an inspiration to me and I am sure so many other people. She has more than likely had some seriously dark moments but she really has a way of seeing hope in the future and in God.

Anyway, she did this post with a picture of her husband looking down at her smiling. It was so sweet and pure. The quote that she put with it was perfect. It made me think about so many women that go through such difficult things in life and yet are such inspirations to those around them every single day.



There is in every true woman's heart a spark of heavenly fire,
which lies dormant in the broad daylight of prosperity; but which
kindles up and beams and blazes in the dark hour of adversity.

-Washington Irving

3 comments:

Rae said...

Great quote. Maybe it gave me a lump in my throat.

nicole said...

agreed. nie nie is a total inspiration. i love her blog. she amazes me.

Swaner Family said...

Wow. That is an amazing quote. I love it.