So when I didn't have a dryer we became regulars at the local laundry mat. I realized one day just how big these dryer things are. So Jenny and I decided to test them out. That picture of Jenny is real. She really thought she couldn't open the door from the inside and freaked out. I captured her struggle
I quickly learned from her misfortune and decided to keep my head safely out of the commercial dryer. A heart attack, none the less. I think I have had a nightmare of getting stuck in one. Or maybe my brother tried to put me in ours when I was younger.
Most of the fam came into town for conference. We all stayed up in Park City and had so much fun. Obviously I never take any pictures so here are just a few from the weekend.
We raged on Brooke because she is like 12 shades darker then the rest of us. Blasted Utah and the pasty white skin it gives us all.
It was pouring rain the whole day on saturday. We were in salt lake for all the sessions that day and even got to see the Joseph Smith movie in between the sessions. It was such a good day...
However, by the time the boys went to priesthood session we had had enough of the cold. The mall is no longer in downtown SLC and we were too freezing to go down to gateway so we spent most of our time in the food court just waiting until we got the courage to make the walk over to PF Changs. You can't really tell in the picture but Brooke was trying to get this water bottle open and in the process she shot half the bottle into my face. It was hilarious even though we all look like we want to murder someone in this picture.
Then back in Park City we decided to test out this new rollarcoaster thing they have right next to the Alpine slides. It takes you up by cable to the top of the hill and then you control the speed on the way down. The thing tops out at 50mph.
So the lady told us that the people who would not want to brake at all should go in the front of the line. The person who sits in the front is supposed to push the handles down to go full spead and pull up to brake. Mike tried to volunteer us to head up the train but that was not going to happen. Peter and my dad went first and we followed right after. My dear sweet husband sat in the back and decided it would be fun to hold my arms down forcing me to go top speed down the whole bloody hill. Tears were streaming down my face by the end. Not the happy tears. I thought my life was going to end on that thing. So sweet.
Please excuse the OJ gloves. I can't seem to figure out how to dress for cold weather. Seriously where do people buy things like that? In the end it was so fun to have my parents and Brooke in town for conference. I love getting to go to the conference center and especially love spending time with my family. Can't wait to see them in a month!
10 comments:
my life is like one big episode of young and the restless so you don't need to tune into the played down version on tv. and rolling at this post. that picture of you in the washer is definately my favorite of all time. and stop acting like you don't know how to live in the cold. umm..nyc baybee..how quickly we forget. and new coat? ahuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuh!
I hate feeling left out...is that why you posted this, to make me feel bad. Well it worked. I love the over sized OJ gloves, are those dads?
That was a fun trip, and sorry about your face getting all wet, on a freezing day too! i cant wait to see you in a month!
such a fun cute family. If you blow the picture up, you can easily see the water all over the hoodie. So is the new ride better than the Alpine slide, cause it is classic. I peed my pants on it when I was younger...literally peed my pants. I don't think i would be able to handle the new addition.
I sure like you two. And, I am just happy to know someone else's honey torments them down teh alpine coaster, I scream the whole way, no brakes, everytime...
We LOVE the Alpine coaster! I took Taylor on it and she wanted no brakes the whole way down. I was freaked we were going to flip and I would have my kids taken away for child endangerment. :)
So glad you could be with your fam...well most of them. Looks like you are loving married life. I'm so glad!!
It looks like you guys had fun! I didn't even know they had a new ride. We will have to try it out sometime. Don't worry Shannon!You will soon be out of the cold, and on the beaches of Hawaii in no time! Sounds so nice!
Hey lady! It looks like you guys are having fun over there. I miss Park City and the mountains sometimes.. I'm glad someone is enjoying them for me! =) Miss you!!
You look so happy little Slig. I love it.
Hello,
I was cruising the web for blogs about The Young and the Restless and stumbled upon yours. I'm an aspiring writer myself and thought you might be interested in my web site:
BottomBarrelTV.com.
Check it out and let me know what you think, good or bad.
Keisha
Post a Comment