It all starts with Jenny getting her wisdom teeth out. She was so hilarious because she was so convinced that she didn't get swollen. I made her laugh and her sweet little mouth would not even open.
Next came my hilarious godchild jacob. He eats food so fast that I get hand cramps. He starts grunting if your not on task with the huge spoon filled bites for him. Love and miss his sweet face.
Soon followed my other two favs Tyler and Haley. Tyler kills me because he loves to be the photographer so he will take your camera and start snapping shots of people from all different angles. Haley would get so annoyed of the camera in her face. She is so freaking cute and loves to shake her little rump on the dance floor.
Then the grand entrance of peter from his mission. I know this is old news but it was such an exciting day for the whole fam that I wanted to post a few pics
He and Jenny are in Provo now and Mike and I love living our glory college days through them
So the next few days were all a blur but I have a few pictures on my camera of what I could remember to take pictures of. I went with my incredible bridesmaids to get mani/pedis. Sarah and her classic faces. Real excited she is moving to Provs. Holla!
Ang and Lisa. Angie was chatting up a storm with her nail lady. I had never seen that before. Usually they talk about you in there language but this lady was so friendly and loved angie. Lisa wore her skinny jeans by mistake. Sweet thing. She ended up only getting an ankle massage. Such a bust.
Brooke and Nicci. It is so funny when I see pictures of Nicole with my sisters. She really does look like one of them. Britt and Jenny were there, obviously, but I suck at picture taking. love you two.
Then came the big W day. This was pre-temple. Sorry mom. It was the only one I took from that day with my camera. I don't have any of me in my dress. That was the photographers job. But all of my bridesmaids posted about it like 5 weeks ago.
The saddest part is that I only have like 2 pictures from our honeymoon. I was so done with pictures after our wedding I guess. Anyway, this is at Mortons stake house. All I know is that we ate like a king and queen that week. Its a little awkward to admit.
When the week of bliss ended we packed up the truck and were off to happy blasted valley. I was excited and nervous. I am used to my New Yorkers. They are so honest and straight forward. I already miss the city. It was so refreshing.
My sweet husband packed up the whole truck and drove 12 hours to Utah only to unload the whole thing (with the help of Dan and Nicci). It was a long drive and I give it up to the truckers in the world that do that day after day.
I love the sky in Utah.
Still eating apparently. This was taken about 5 minutes before we stopped and met my family for Cafe Rio and Neilsons frozen custard. Does is end?
We had truck races on the I-15. We almost got pushed off the road a few times. No big deal
Stopped at the Chevron in Beaver and sat on the big Beaver rocking chair. Very exciting.
So I got a job here at the Intermountain Vein Center. It is just like what I did in New York so it was pretty easy to get. We basically make peoples legs look/feel better. It is a lot of blood and I still get a little grossed out when I eat spagetti because of it.

This is the procedure that we mainly do. It was invented by the doctor I worked for in NYC. It burns the vein with the problem from the inside. A lot less invasive and it works. I recommend it to anyone with vein problems. Call me. I will set you up to get them all taken care of.

So that was the most of it. We are here now and still trying to get our apartment and life figured out. It is so funny to be in Provo with Mike and not go to my own apartment at night. I will post some pics of our place when I can get it organized. Our wedding was a blast and a blur. We felt so bad we didn't get to say goodbye to Mikes family before we left. That means we need a Davis gathering soon, not a year from now. We are really lucky to have Dan and Nicci up here as well as my little peeps Peter and Jenny. It is going to be incredible. Thats all for now ... judist.
17 comments:
Oh shanny, you are such a good little sister (little because I married the older brother??) I tell you to blog, and you blog. you are hilarious, and i like the two of you. And correction, I look like i could be a sister because as of 11 am on August 18th 2007, blessed day, i AM a sister! I love that, thanks mikey. xoxo
Shannon, I love all the pictures! I saw some of Sarah's from the wedding day...and it looks like it was perfect, and you looked perfect...so pretty.
You look so happy Shannon, I'm so excited for you.
Take good care of our little Sarah in Provo, I already miss her like crazy.
Too bad Jenny is going to murder you with that opening pic, I know I would! If my veins ever look like that I would die, so gross and it looks so painful. Lets be honest..you never would have jumped in the trash can, especially with the maggots..please! Glad your liking provo, tell Mike I said Hi!
HA! I cant believe you work at the IVC. I work at Utah Valley Radiology Billing, and we do their billing so we work with them all the time. Next time i have to call their I will most definitely ask for Shannon. How is working with Heather?
Shannon, you are too cute in all your pre-wedding, wedding and other pictures. Congratulations again. So excited for you. Maybe someday I won't live in Siberia anymore and can meet your new husband.
Congrats you two! And welcome back to P-town.
omg...you have been busy mrs. davis. i miss your sweet face. vaca to ut? i think i need one and it may be happening in Oct. I will keep you posted. I MISS YOU MORE THAN L-I-F-E!!
shan- i am dying laughing right now cuz when i scrolled past that pic of the fam at the airport, it totally looks like your mom is wearing a black wife-beater & has major tatoos on both arms!!! i really did a double take. am i crazy or did anyone else catch that???
anyway, i loved getting the update & i will be up in utah in october..so let's meet up.
I was so excited to see some pictures. what a thrill. and yes, Jill, I noticed the same thing. I thought she must have been a family friend...with lots of tattoos.
I saw the tat thing too on Diana, I thought at first maybe she was doing it as a joke for Peter.
hoollaaaa! the last picture of the veins makes me think of the chinese guy and that poor poor humiliated girl that was all caught up with the hands and rubber gloves.
see you around in p town.
Shannon, this is Lindsey Forrest. I love you and love your blog (I am adding you as my friend)! I miss you. You were such a beautiful bride! I hope you have fun in P-town.
Ryan and I (and Addison of course) will be up there on Saturday for the BYU game. We should meet up!!! It would be so fun to see you.
And congrats on the wedding, being married is so fun and a serious adventure.
Oh little Slig, I love seeing these pics. Hope you are having so much fun. I miss all of you Davis thrills.
thank you for the thorough vein explanation...i really love it. love you too and can't wait for the reunion on wensdee.
Hi Shannon...This is Alyssa (O'Bryant)! I loved the update- It sounds like you had a picture-perfect wedding!
My sister Shannon is with me right now...We were laughing so hard about your mom's "tatoos" that Shan started to pee her pants (she IS pregnant though) and we woke up my niece, Brooklyn! What a crack up!
You look great! Enjoy Provo...I actually miss it!
Post a Comment