
In honor of my birthday month I thought I would try and be one of those insightful people that writes down the 26 things I have been thinking about
1 - This picture is nasty and when it came up on my screen saver it scared me.
2 - The thought of being pregnant and raising children makes my heart race. Mostly because I am scared, but partly because I am so excited.
3 - I wish I was better about keeping in touch with my old friends. At least once a day I think about one of them and wish I could catch up.
4 - My mother is one of the most grounded people I know. She constantly reminds me that "things" will never bring happiness.
5 - Sometimes I think about a family member getting sick or dying and it makes me cry (is that weird? I don't know why I do it)
6 - I wish I could have watched Mike play baseball.
7 - I still think my Dad is the smartest person on the planet.
8 - Sometimes I sing in the car and then say out loud "that sounded really good" hahaa sick
9 - Having close friends is extremely important
10- Mike will be such a good dad. I worry he will be the favorite.
11 - I have become pretty cheap in my newlywed life. It's not attractive.
12 - I think I am pretty funny. I always ask mike, very seriously, if he thinks I am the funniest girl he knows.
13 - I think I am better about answering my phone. I try but I sometimes wish I didn't have to always be available.
14 - Life and marriage is not easy sometimes and I don't know why I look at other peoples blogs and convince myself that people have perfect lives void of problems.
15 - I think having tons of money seems like more of a curse then a blessing.
16 - I love a good laugh. The kind that makes you cry.
17 - I never use the same face towel twice. I also change my pillow case every other night. OCD much?
18 - Is it not PC to say that Obama is the first half white president? because he is. I thought defining people by the color of skin was not supposed to happen anymore. I think it's odd.
19 - I love how tall my husband is
20 - I am very protective of Kobe Bryant and I am not sure why.
21 - I love buying products... hair, face, cleaning, office supplies. I could spend hours in target and feel so satisfied leaving with a whole bag full. Maybe I should buys clothes or shoes.
22 - Most of my friends are really talented and I am amazed all the time.
23 - Mike and I would eat Cafe Rio every night if people wouldn't judge us for it. Most of the workers already know exactly how to make my salad. sick shannon.
24 - I am obsessed with being prepared for things. It drives mike crazy but I am constantly thinking of what could happen and how I can prepare for it.(ie... car problems, food storage, my kids college tuition, going on trips, looking at items I would use for my unborn children, savings, disease prevention... I would love to be the person that says "oh you need a can opener? I have that right here in my purse!"
25 - My sisters are my favorite people on this planet and my dream is to have spa getaways every year
26 - Lately I have been thinking that arizona might be the place for us to live. My heart is in CA but my bank account is not.
20 comments:
Shannon,
I really like your list. (and I wish that you blogged more.) Have a very lovely birthday!
Love, Anna
Dearest,
Oh how I have longed for a good solid post from you. I sometimes wish I could wake up again in the Chinook home and tap my toe at you. Rory just doesn't reciprocate too well with the toe tapping.
first off, that picture is hilarious...but very, very frightening! :)
I do #5 all the time too! Why?? I guess we're both crazy!
Ditto #6.
I'd love to be in the passenger seat to hear #8.
Love #18...there is such a double standard.
Mmmm...Cafe.
My bank account is not in CA either. You could actually buy a home...with a yard in AZ. And the drive isn't too long. But I would love to have you guys here.
I enjoyed this post probably too much!!
arizona?! what the. hate it there. and just so you know this was my favorite post of all time and of any blogger to read. i grinned the whole time and also thought how unlike you a lot of it was to write down. i'm proud of you. and i love you.
dear shannon.
first let me say, (very seriously) you are the funniest girl i know. :) i also sing alone in my car and if i don't get the notes or words just right i will start the song over. ha. third, spa getaways with friends sounds fun too! :) i also wish i had more time in the day to catch up with close friends. i always make a constant list of who i need to talk to and your name has been on the top for quite some time. jon and i get sick when we look at the prices of huge, new, nice, az homes. ahh. i hate that i love the beach so much. have you been there in the summer? yikes.
p.s. are you pregnant? couldn't tell by the hints...
#26 is out of the question! Suck it up and be poor like the rest of us...just remember the beach is free!
I enjoyed this. Happy (almost) Birthday. Loveee youuuuu
I love everything about this post. I think you are the funniest person I know. I can't think of anyone else that makes me laugh as much as you. And the face towels/pillow cases are still an issue?...ocd...but it's ok. I still love you! And when I think of Kobe I think of you. Always will. Lastly, I know where you are coming from with the whole cafe rio thing. Major problem for us too. Although we do try to mix it up a little with costa vida and bajio. Not so great for my waist line!
so i read this the night that you wrote it and i wanted to be more awake to comment. but in all reality, here i am mid day and i am awake yes, but have way too much on my mind and my to do list. but comment i will anyway... let me first say this is my favorite post ever. i loved it. i will follow that with saying that the photo is real real scary. slash the funniest thing i have ever seen. thank you. you are hilarious. i could not agree more about watching Dan play baseball. i would do anything to be there at those games for some reason. the stories just aren't good enough. #5 I did as a child. so sad, i hope none of my kids do, i haven't done it in my old age though. get pregnant tonight. better about answering your phone?? not so much. ha! but i love you for it. i always know when we do talk, you really wanted to talk to me. i am including myself in the sisters spa getaways. and since reading this, i have been obsessing over how many germs might be on my pillowcase and hand towel. scary.
and finally, in a paragraph of it's own. i'm dead f-in that you can't move to az!!! i need you here. i guess its close enough. but not really.
love you. march is a good month.
although we've only met a few times, I'm surprised at how much we have in common. I started jotting down the ones I completely agree on a post-it (starting with #14, then #15)---then realized I would probably write down every number (except the Kobe one :))
I'm so glad I did get to meet you, and sometimes envy sarah for having a friend like you.
Oh Slig, thank you for writing this for us all to read. You will be an amazing mom. I know you are an incredible singer, I know this first hand. Sometimes when I am driving and singing, I think, "That would be a good song for me to sing on Idol, it really shows who I am as an artist." Awkward for me I know.
Also, Cafe... as long as Havana is working, I am in anytime.
I'm so glad you were born, because you are such a thrill. I also am so glad you and Mikey ended up together. Really a perfect pair.
I love you Slig, always have, always will.
ok i'm cracking up at lisa's comment, because Dan does the same thing while singing the latest hit. he dead serous thinks, I would sing this on American Idol. Love him. Love Lis. Love Shnook.
first off I miss rapping with you in the car. and or singing musicals on sunday. secondly... I think your list is adorable and endearing. And the mom thing just happens and its amazing how it can all just work... you just do it because you have to and you love them in a way you didn't know was possible. They laid that little girl on my chest and i felt like i could conquer the world and that i would do it all for her.
I would really sincerely love to catch up sometime.
and how could i forget.... happy almost birthday!
Happy Birthday month!! I love that you posted all this and I love that you posted that pic. Hilarious! My kids were like I don't know why you are saying that mom... that is not Shannon! I love this post... I learned so much about you... all good things of course! Love you and happy birthday in 4 days!!
First off, the amount of comments really should show you you need to blog more.
100% agree with #7, and I'm sure he knows I think that considering every time I'd see him at your house I'd always ask him to lecture me. Is that weird? I heard he's teaching seminary. Amazing. Can I go back to hs?
#8? I can totally hear it, and maybe it reminds me of "O Holy Night", hahaha.
16-Word. I sometimes think I've never laughed harder than I did freshman year in the dorms. (Maybe because that's all there was to do and we were partially laughing out of insanity? I'm not sure...remember the time we stayed up all night and then couldn't get through a prayer over breakfast because we couldn't stop laughing? Maybe my favorite memory.
18-A freakin MEN!
20-I agree with Dayn. Kobe=Shannon.
You are pretty much hilarious. Happy happy birthday.
I was checking out Sarah's friend's blogs and I love this post. We should be friends! And by the way, NO ONE has a perfect life!
you are not any better at answering your phone. sorry my dear. ily, though.
Post a Comment