
So I must say I have always hated the dentist. When I was younger the dentist told me my permanent teeth were growing in with natural grooves in them.. aka at least 6 cavities everytime I went to the dentist. I remember I was that crazy little girl that would just cry and cry the second I sat in the chair to get a cleaning because I knew what he was going to say.... "bad news shannon.... 9 more". My father actually gets his teeth cleaned every three months because of this problem. The Fullers have big teeth. Its a blessing and a curse.
So today I was being so brave while he numbed my whole left side with the worlds largest needle. This office has tv's above your head which made it nice. Naturally I had it on family feud (?) and half way through the hour long drilling process the dentist stopped to watch and answer the questions to the game. His assistant also got into it and there I was with drill bits and saliva filling up my mouth and slowly inching its way out of my mouth and down my throat. I would make a noise to signal them and they just assumed I was trying to chime in an answer or two. Needless to say after almost a minute (which is a lifetime when you need suction) the dentist finally turned and noticed the pool below my chin, he hurried and grabbed the long white sucker. Sweet moses I love that thing. It was quite the experience. I must say I feel so grateful that I can even have dental care. I can't imagine living with tooth pain or gum disease. So bless the dentist and curse him all at the same time.
12 comments:
Hahaha. You are so funny. I am laughing very hard over here.
Who is your dentist?
oooo...i hate when they dont suck enough!!!
was it the family fued with tristen ure on it? i was flipping through the channels one day and there she was.
You are such a dork! I am not a huge fan of the dentist either. Even though I am glad we have them. I am glad you got our messages about your birthday. I wish we could have met up to give you a little something. I'll make it up to you someday. It looks like you guys were busy and had fun though. Also, you are not chopped liver!! I was referring to my house, where there are always just the 5 boys and me! You know I love you guys. Let us know what your plans are soon. Are you staying in Provo or moving?
i have never had a cavity. tell me more what it's like.
are your freaking kidding me??? this is the scariest picture i have ever seen in my life!!!
Sick where did you find that nasty picture. You have reminded me that I need to make the dreaded dentist appointment, ugh!
Happy belated Birthday! I am a terrible cousin and it is unacceptable! I loved your piece on the Dentist. I'm not sure if I told you about the first time I let Matt work on me. I had one of those awful colds where your constantly choking on your own flem. Well, jokingly I said, "I wish you could just take that suction and pull it all out". Well, Matt bless his heart doesn't always get the sarcasm. So he made an attempt and got the suction stuck on my uvula. I have yet to have him work in my mouth.
I love this post because my family has similar problems with our teeth. I can kinda relate. I also have been meaning to leave a comment on your site. I met your sister at church a couple weeks ago. I am so excited she is moving to Ladera. Now we just need you and nic to move here and it will be a huge party! I still think it's so fun that you guys are now sisters-in-law. How fun is that family? So jealous!
Oh, and I'm not sure if your sister and fam have moved yet, but have her contact us if she needs help with the move at all!
cshansen11@gmail.com
I hope you don't mind if I add you to my blog, I'd love to keep up on what is happening with you guys!
what the?? you know this kind of imagery is not good for me and my queasy stomach! But I will accept it if it means that you actually posted. I have missed you in the blogging world. peace late.
Haha, that reminds me of my sweet experience having my 4 wisdom teeth pulled in Dec. My father-in-law did it and my husband suctioned. I guess since he'll begin dental school this summer, he is fully qualified, right? Ha! There I was with 3 teeth out and one to go when Brandon's dad started explaining things to him. He got kind of into it, and all of a sudden, gag! I jumped up in the chair and gagged full on. I thought I was going to choke to death. Brandon felt so bad and I felt so dumb being the daughter-in-law who totally gagged. But when you can't feel anything until it's halfway down your throat...no bueno. I have a feeling I'm gonna get used to this being a test dummy thing. Thought you might like to know I can relate to your experience...
Post a Comment