I failed to mention in my last post (maybe I did but I can't stop talking about it these days) that the smell in the subway was one of the most nasty types of rankness I have beheld in my 24 years of living. Sarah happened to capture the moment after I watched a drunk man yack up 8 liters over the subway platform. We decided to take matters into our own hands and take it to the customer assistance wall. Maybe they were closed for the night because no one came to assist us. I mean some febreeze maybe? A box of baking soda? Bottle of Bleach? The point is.... its not normal and I don't know how people in this city can stand it.
Just a few pics of the prep stages before our linger longer
Sarah and I are the co-chairs of the new member committee in the 8th ward here in NYC. What does this mean? Well for the whole second hour of church we welcome all the new members to the ward and tell them how to survive in the city. So basically we laugh every sunday because we have no idea what we are talking about half the time. Its a nice screening process for our own purposes as well as forces us to be nice to people in the ward (not always easy in these parts. kidding. great people). Anyway, so we have these linger longers after church every once in a while so the whole ward can welcome the new peeps. This last one we did was hilarious because we have this guy on our committee who does not think we can do our calling. He always gives us a really hard time about everything. This time it was about having graham crackers and frosting for the food choice. In a last minute attempt to show him we could handle our own we tried to spice it up and make a lemonade drink. WELL, we ran out of lemonade and had to just add whatever we could find. It was pretty nasty but the linger longer was a hit and people raved about our drink and food selection. We are starting to think we should have an event planning business
15 comments:
why didn't you post the picture of when you took off all your clothes and bathed in the lemonade cauldron?
and why do we think we're so funny? ps..who's the man in the 3rd one up?
I love graham crackers and frosting and did you really need all that lemonade? Is Jenny really coming? Not fair!
I just had my first Subway experience last November, but by far one of the worst parts for me was when that random hot air blows on you out of nowhere. It's like, "Where is that coming from, and where can I go so that I don't have to breathe it in?"
I LOVE everything about this post. Thank you.
I couldn't love your face more in that top shot.
This combo post is awesome. I love the photo of you stirring the huge pot... I just wish you took a photo of you peeking out of the pot. Never change little sligness.
Shannon! I came across your blog and just wanted to say HI! It looks like you're doing great and are living it up in NYC (we're in NY too--just upstate). Hope you don't mind I've posted your blog on ours... =).
So I'm officially leaving you a note on your blog as if it's an email bc it seems to be the best way for me to KIT....seeing as how I can't facebook at work, and you have no cell coverage at your work.
I love looking at your blog and it makes me think, "Wow, Shannon's having so much fun in New York City." Then I remember I live there too. Can we hang out soon? I know, I know, I've been preoccupied, but I need some Shan in my life asap....mkay?
So I had an, "I miss my sister moment". At the park today there were these two sisters on the swings trying to see who could get the highest first. It just reminded me of you and I...I got really sad. I wish that you lived closer.
Shannon,
Were you roommates with Marilyn and Lisa in Provo before you moved to NY? After so many years in Utah everyone looks familiar...
If not, sorry for intruding into your blog. 10 million apologies.
Looks like someone needs to post a thrill of an update..... I miss your face. Blog.
ok..joke's over.
Really! I can hardly contain myself. I love, love, love it!
i really will kill you.
Post a Comment